Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Welcome

OK.

This is the beginning of a joint project between me and Devin. The title of the blog is intended to be a clever play on words, as I will be doing my writing from the Midwest (the great state of Minnesota, to be specific) while Devin will be doing his blogging from Massachusetts. Or Mass. Or Masses. Midwest to the Masses. Get it? Yeah, it's lame.

Anyway, this blog will likely be a channel for opinions on various topics. Being that this is an election year, many of the posts will undoubtedly relate to the upcoming presidential race which is just beginning to heat up. It should be noted immediately that both Devin and I are supporters of Barack Obama; however, I think we are both fairly open-minded fellows and the hope is that this can be a place of civil discourse, should anyone choose to express their own differing viewpoints. I also suspect there will be commentary on other current affairs, including sports and entertainment.

I don't know what's going to happen with this thing. It's entirely possible that this will be the only post ever written on this blog, but I hope not. What I do know is that Devin is a funny kid who did some great work with his own unfortunately short-lived blogging project, and I have too much free time on my hands. Plus, we both have a lot of opinions. All of these factors have made it absolutely necessary that this project at least be attempted. So here goes nothing.

No comments: